John D. Giddens
John Giddens is the founding member of Giddens Law Firm, a personal injury law firm in Jackson, Mississippi. He established the firm in 1999 with a dedication to those who cannot otherwise help themselves. Mr. Giddens is a victim’s rights advocate who chooses to represent the interests of individuals over corporations. His practice is devoted to helping Mississippians seek justice after an accident caused by negligence.
Mr. Giddens has extensive experience in a number of areas of legal practice, including being lead counsel in multi-million dollar medical malpractice, premises liability, products liability, and personal injury cases. Mr. Giddens has been lead counsel in cases receiving significant jury verdicts involving personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, concussion claims, product liability, premises liability, the mis-filling of prescriptions, and birth trauma.
Prior to starting his own law firm, Mr. Giddents was trial counsel at Diaz, Lewis and Giddens from 1994 to 1999. He was also an Associate at Brunini Grantham Grower & Hewes, where he handled legal research for the Oil and Gas Department.
Mr. Giddens was named to the Mid-South Super Lawyers list for 2009-2010 as well as 2014-2020. He was also named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America by the America Trial Lawyers Association, one of Mississippi’s 10 Best by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, and is a member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. He was named a Fellow of the American Association For Justice’s National College of Advocacy in 2012. In 2014, he was recognized as a Mid South Top Lawyer by Memphis Magazine for “excellence and achievements in the legal community.”
He is a member of both the Mississippi Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice. Mr. Giddens received his J.D. at the University of Mississippi School of Law and his B.B.A. in Management at the University of Mississippi.
- Catholic High School, Baton Rouge, LA 1984
- University of Mississippi, Oxford MS, 1988
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, MS 1992
Admitted to Practice:
- Mississippi, 1992
- Admitted to Fifth Federal Circuit
Continuing Legal Education:
- Attendee of numerous seminars each year, average of 35+ Continuing Legal Education Credits per year.
Additional Legal Training:
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Dallas, TX 1990, 1995
- Brain Injury Litigation Group, American Association for Justice
Professional Association and Committees:
- Mississippi Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- American Academy of Trucking Lawyers
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- Mississippi Bar Association, Co-chair Membership Committee, 2004-2005
- Capitol Area Bar Association, 1992-Present
- Former Child Advocacy Committee Member
- Former Mississippi Law Journal co-Author
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2009-2010, 2014-2020
- Fellow, American Association For Justice, National College of Advocacy
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, The American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Mississippi’s 10 Best, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Mid South Top Lawyer, Memphis Magazine